- 1.5 Liter (34 Oz) of water
- 1 beetroot (not too big)
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Small onions
- 1 half of cabbage
- 2 garlic teeth
- 300g of beef with bones
- 1-2 leaves of bay leaf
- Sour cream
How to make Borscht
1. Cut the meat in small pieces, put it in a pot with some water (it has to cover the meat).
2. Boil for one hour and a half. Strain the meat and use the water as the base for your soup.
3. Remove the bones from the meat.
4. Cut the beetroot and the potatoes.
5. Put 1.5 liters of water in a pot and add the meat, the beetroot and the potatoes.
6. Boil at medium flame.
7. While the soup is boiling, cut the carrot, onions and garlic. Fry them all together.
8. Add 1 or 2 leaves of bay leaf to the soup.
9. When the carrot, onions and garlic get a Little bit Brown, add them to the soup.
10. Add salt to taste.
11. Cut the cabbage and add it to the soup.
12. Cook until all the vegetables are soft.
13. Serve with black bread, sour cream and some dill.
Powered by Froala Editor