- 250 gr ground meat
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp salt
- some ground pepper
- 250 ml water
- 1 egg
- 300 gr flour
- 2 tsp salt
How to make Pelmeni
1. In a bowl, add 1 egg and 250 ml of water, and mix them using a fork or a whisk.
2. Add 2 tsp of salt and mix it again
3. Add all purpose flour, and stir, keep adding flour until you get a dough that does not stick to your hands.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it a little bit.
5. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap, leave it rest for 20-30 minutes.
1. Chop the onion and the garlic in very small pieces, you can use a food processor or a knife.
2. Put the minced meat in a bowl, add the onion and the garlic.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Mix all together, you can use your hands or a spoon.
1. Put some flour on a clean surface, and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough (it has to be as thin as possible, but do not break it). Add some flour while flattening, so that the dove does not stick to the surface or to the rolling pin.
2. Cut the dough in circles using a glass.
3. Take some meat and put it into one of the circles. Close the circle by sticking its edges, you will get a half moon, or you can do it the traditional Russian way: close the edges by sticking the edges, pull the tips together and put one tip on the other (make some pressure with your fingers so that they stick together). Repeat this step until you fill all the circles with meat.
4. In a pot, put some water with a little of salt and set to boil.
5. Once water boils, put in the pelmeni with a skimming spoon. Do not put too many at the same time, otherwise they will stick together.
6. Once they are all in the pot, move them around.
7. Boil them for 7 minutes.
8. Take them out of the water using the skimming spoon.
9. Serve them with sour cream or mayonnaise on top. You can sprinkle some dill or green onion.
Powered by Froala Editor